Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Maddie N Ginger's Adoption



Ginger (top)
Maddie (bottom)

On Sunday, February 4, 2007, we decided to put Maddie and Ginger at Mayo Clinic for adoption.

It was an excruciatingly painful decision for me, almost akin to putting up my own flesh and blood for adoption. They were the first kittens I witnessed being born 4 years ago and Maddie especially formed such a bond with me.

I felt like an ogre to have done that but circumstances have proved too difficult for me to continue having them. Anyway, just as I was settling them into their cages at the clinic, this angel and her niece & daughter walks into the clinic. Within half an hour, they decided they wanted them both.

I was stunned, happy and sad all at the same time. But the vibes I had from this lady were good so I felt peaceful that they would be in good hands. I called her yesterday and she said that Ginger is settling in fine but Maddie is still terrified. That aches my heart so badly to know she is frightened and I pray that she overcomes that soon.

My home looks so deserted now, where once many cats bounded and tumbled in play now lie desolate and quiet.

The only ones I have left in my zoo are the free roaming ones; Tiger, Latte & Annie at the front and Lacey & Foxy at the back. They don't need to go just as yet so at least I still have them to cuddle & love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google
 
Web www.talaspawprints.blogspot.com