Saturday, September 23, 2006

A Thanksgiving


My my, I have been rather spiritual these past two posts haven't I? Well, I suppose even a self-proclaimed wench & a she-devil deserves her moments of sombre spirituality. Its not always that I get this way and frankly I do believe it confuses some of the people who think they know me quite well.

For most people, birthdays and New Years are probably one of the few times that they indulge in retrospective contemplation. And I guess, I am no different.

Coincidentally, the day of my birth is usually the Autumn Equinox. In the Wiccan world, the days between Sept 20 - Sept 23 is also known as Mabon (MAY-bone); the festival of the second harvest. It is a time of rejoicing and thanksgiving, a time on the Earth when, again, night and day are in equal balance. At Mabon, its the time for rest, reflection , and for completing anything left undone before the advent of a new year.

Oddly enough, for the first time in my whole adult life, I am actually having a birthday party and its on the Sabbat of Mabon. Traditional Wiccan celebrations of this Sabbat include a hearty feast for friends and loved ones. Call it serendipity or whatchamacalit but it has been the perfect year for me to celebrate my birthday for once with a party.

Although its been a year of mighty financial struggles for me, I am immensely thankful for the people who have been my cornerstone, namely my parents and my ever precious sweetheart, Randy Scoundrel. Without my Randy Pandy, there would have been no way I could have had the opportunity to figure out what I want to do with my life and the direction I want it to take. The pieces of the puzzle have finally fallen into place and I know where I am going.

Next year will see the birth of a part of me. Don't get all excited now, I am not expecting Scoundrel Jr! Be patient, and I will let you in on my new creation. Alright, I think my spirituality is all done now.

The Trollop will be back after the party in Port Dickson. What's that? You want updates? *sniggles* Sorry, what happens within those teepees, shall stay within those teepees! (No, sweetheart, YOU will get all the info uncensored but embellished, just like how you like 'em....hee hee)

Alrighty..am off to bed now. Have a good weekend y'all. The bitch will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google
 
Web www.talaspawprints.blogspot.com