Today was a lazy Sunday. Well, lazy for the others in my home, while I was busy in the kitchen from morning. Prepared a simple breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausages before I started on cooking lunch.
Whilst I do believe in the taste of authentically prepared dishes, on a gloomy Sunday, I am all for the God-given technologically prepared pastes and spice mixes that cut hassle time in the kitchen.
On the table today was Beriyani Rice, Hyderabadi Chicken Curry, Chicken Patties and a Vegetable Salad. This is how I prepared it.
1. Washed two cups of basmati rice and dumped it into a pan.
2. Heated pan and sprinkled beriyani rice masala powder on it.
3. Stir fried raw rice till it was coated with the paste evenly.
4. Put heated raw rice into rice pot.
5. Poured 4.5 cups of water into pot
6. Cooked in rice cooker for 50 minutes.
7. Once rice is cooked, fluff it in the pot and sprinkle fried onions, parsley, toasted cashewnuts and raisins.
Hyderabadi Chicken Curry
1. Place 500g of chicken into a pot.
2. Pour Panampara Curry Mix over chicken.
3. Add 375ml of water
4. Cook on slow fire for about 20 minutes.
5. Once chicken cooked, turn off fire and add 4 heaved tablespoons of natural yoghurt.
6. Stir gently and garnish with parsley.
1. Deboned two chicken chops boiled in water seasoned with ginger and salt.
2. Once tender remove from water and minced in food processor.
3. In a pan, fry finely diced onions, green chilli, garlic and ginger till aromatic and golden.
4. Add minced cooked chicken, turn fire down and mix properly.
5. Add 3 teaspoons of Shah Kabab's spice mix
6. Add 2 ladles of stock
7. Simmer for a few minutes until meat absorbs most of the liquid.
8. Place in mixing bowl
9. Add two mashed potatoes and mix well.
10. Form patties, coat with beaten egg and/or breadcrumbs and fry in shallow oil.
1. Half a cucumber, diced finely.
2. One green chilli, diced finely
3. Two average red onions, sliced finely
4. One red tomato, diced finely
5. Mix well together, sprinkle salt and sugar
6. Add 4 tablespoons of low-fat natural yoghurt and mix well
7. Add one tablespoon of Kraft low fat mayo and mix.
8. Refrigerate till serving time.
I would have liked to post pictures of the dishes but I can't. My charger for the camera isn't working and I haven't got it fixed yet. So, just imagine it looking delicious and scrumptious. Well, it was...take my word for it...Really! :-)