Thursday, December 7, 2006

Pussy Stories & Other Tales



A couple of weeks ago, one of my cats; Musky, gave birth to 3 adorable little ones. But unfortunately since Sunday, Musky has not come home and I haven't the faintest idea what has happened to her. Considering that my neighbourhood isn't very animal-friendly (based on past encounters) I fear the worst has happened.

Also, another street cat, Latte who has been eating at my home, went missing. My mom witnessed her kitten being bundled up in a plastic bag by some neighbours and later we found the kitten was abandoned at the playground. It was heartbreaking to see it, barely a month old trudging along and through fear fell into a deep drain.

Luckily Sherrina K was able to locate a foster home for four kittens. I am totally unable to give them the care they need as I am caring for quite a number already.

Yet again I have no proof only suspicions that known cat abusers in my neighbourhood have decided to "elimate" nursing cats. Well, I only hope that if that were true, they will receive their just reward and karma.

Why is it so much easier to be unkind & hurtful than it is to be compassionate?

That is a question I have been asking myself quite a lot lately. Just recently there was a big ruckus between the owner of a certain food chain in the USJ area and residents. While residents were attempting to work out an amicable situation, he became aggressive and tried to intimidate certain residents.

Why react that way?

I don't think I can ever quite understand why people do the things they do. It doesn't matter which part of the world you are in or highly educated you are, if you are void of compassion, you are a sorry excuse for a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google
 
Web www.talaspawprints.blogspot.com